Monday, August 29, 2011

Google Domains and G-Mail Accounts - A Cranky Posting

I recognize it has been quite a few months since my last posting.  So besides business concerns, what's made for the delay?

Primarily I am still trying to figure out what Google is up to in changing domains over to g-mail accounts.....I know that it's all about money ultimately and I am not happy about it.   It's made getting into this blog a wee bit challenging just to start.

I used to be an advocate for Google domains....then they became GoDaddy domains.  That confused me because I had been using GoDaddy as the host for my Google domains.....that took some phone calls to straighten out with GoDaddy....but then I thought well I have these great email accounts that came with my original domains and they help keep info organized. But that was too good to last for long I have discovered.

Now - merger of email accounts?

Why?  Not interested.   Then I received a note today when I was trying to find my email settings in my law firm's email account - only 30 days of emails would be saved unless I upgrade, at $50/year, to a Google apps program.  HELLO?!  It's only me out here using the email account and I don't have a need for the business apps.

So - when's the last time you have tried contacting Google?

After much searching I found an email for contacting them.....BUT you have to put in your customer code - WHAT?!  Again.  WHAT?!    If you don't have the "code", you can not send an email.   Can they make this more difficult?

AWG  to quote Charlie Brown.

So these are my ravings as I'm stuck here in New Jersey recovering from the hurricane travails....